Lindell inspection shop (Katsastus Lindell Oy) is the car inspection office owned by Lindell. The Satsuma can be inspected here by a government-qualified inspector for the low price of 325 mk. The inspection shop is open from 08:00 to 16:00 during the weekdays (Mon-Fri). The building cannot be entered during closing hours.
Getting the car inspectedEdit
Park the car onto the car lift just through the garage door and be careful not to fall off as the car will be lifted in whatever state it was left on the racks.
Walk around to the office where the inspector is situated, pay the man 325 mk and he'll do the job. Enjoy the master at work—with his trusty screwdriver, he'll hit the car in all the right places to listen for any issues; the magical tool will reveal any problem, from unbolted seats to a poorly-tuned carburetor. His actions are a parody of real Finnish inspectors eagerly employing pointy tools to check for rust damage.
How to passEdit
To pass the inspection, the car must be fully functional! No parts missing or broken, and tuned well enough for road use. Make sure the car has a properly tightened fan belt, fresh new tires from Fleetari's, and that the cylinders are all firing correctly. Ensure the car isn't veering off to the left or right too much either. The warning triangle must also be present somewhere inside the car—it can be acquired from the tractor by pressing to remove it.
There must be no aftermarket parts that affect performance. This includes upgraded exhaust systems. Aftermarket dials and interiors are accepted, as they do not improve performance (no matter what the local youths say!).
Acceptable upgrades include:
- Air/fuel mixture gauge and oil pressure, water pressure, battery charge gauge pack
- All interior covers
- Sport steering wheel
- CD player and subwoofers
- Racing radiator
- Twin carburators
- All visual exterior mods (wings, body kit, window louvres, etc.)
- Both bumpers (front and rear)
- Aftermarket steering wheels
- Standard road or Gommer Gobra tyres
- Racing flywheel
Upgrades that are not acceptable for inspection include:
- Racing exhaust
- Steel headers
- Racing muffler
- Racing carburators
- Any aftermarket wheel upgrades
- Old, rally or slick tyres
- Racing harness
- Bucket seats
- Long coil springs
- Fiberglass hood
- Roll cage
- Rally suspension kit
What to do with the resultsEdit
After the inspection is complete, a boarding card will appear on the desk in front of the inspector. An English version of the card can be viewed by clicking the Union Jack in the top right. If the car passed, the inspector will reluctantly hand over the well earned license plates which can be applied to the car.
The column on the left shows a list of parts. If a part is crossed with an 'X' it means that the part is either missing, damaged or not applicable. The note on the right reads: "This car is just a huge pile of waste."
Try not to get a HYLÄTTY (FAIL) or another 325 mk must be paid to redo the inspection.
Here's a few tips on how to pass:
- Remove any aftermarket performance items and replace them with the stock ones.
- Make sure the car is fairly straight on the car lift, as it may fall off when the man hoists it up. It doesn't have to be exactly in the middle though.
- If an item is showing up as failed, even though it's most certainly fully attached (and not aftermarket), fully remove the item and re-apply it.
- Note: The license plate text and visuals can be changed, see game modifications. Requires fairly basic knowledge of UAE and a .dds editor such as paint.net.
|Locations in Alivieska|
|Kesselinperä||Home • Woodshed|
|Loppe||Fleetari Repair Shop|
|Peräjärvi||Graveyard • Jokke's new house • Lindell inspection shop • Pub Nappo • Teimo's house • Teimo's Shop • Wastewater treatment plant|
|Rykipohja||Airfield • Dirt track • Jail • Landfill site • Strawberry field|
|Other||Cottage • Dance pavilion • Firewood guy's house • Grain processing plant • Island • Jokke's house • Police checkpoint • Radio mast • Sirkka's house • Ski hill • Ventti house|