How to have your car inspectedEdit
The inspection office is located just past Teimo's Shop, take the next left after Pub Nappo and you'll see the large warehouse on the right. Office is open from 8:00 (8 am) to 16:00 (4 pm) during the weekdays (Mon-Fri), and you can no longer have your car inspected at any time by walking inside the inspection bay and turning right thought the open doorway as you could previously (the door now closes when the business is closed.
Park your car onto the car lift, be careful not to fall off as the car will be lifted in whatever state you left it on the racks. The lift can be found to the left of the door office.
Walk round the to office where the inspector is situated, pay the "lovely man" 325 mk and he'll do the job. Enjoy the master at work, with his trusty screw driver, he'll hit your car in all the right places to listen for any issues. His actions are a parody of the real Finnish inspectors eagerly employing a pointy tool, in order to find any rust damage.
How to passEdit
To pass the inspection, you must have a fully working car! No parts missing or broken, and tuned good enough for road use. Make sure your fan belt is tight and pistons are all firing correctly, and that your car isn't veering off to the left or right too much. You also need a warning triangle in the trunk, you can get it from the tractor by pressing right mouse button to remove.
You must have no aftermarket parts that affect performance. This includes upgraded exhaust systems. However you can get away with the aftermarket dials and interiors as they do not improve performance (no matter what the local youths say!).
Acceptable upgrades include:
- Air/fuel mixture gauge and oil pressure, water pressure, battery charge gauge pack
- All interior covers
- Sport steering wheel
- CD radio and 200W speakers
- Racing radiator
- Aftermarket carburetor
- All visual exterior mods (wings, body kit, window louvers, etc)
- Both Bumpers (front and rear)
How to failEdit
It's much easier to fail, since your car has one of these upgrades. To not fail the inspection, try not to install one of these upgrades, if you don't want to waste 325 mk.
Non-acceptable upgrades include:
- Steel exhaust pipe
- Racing muffler
- All wheel upgrades
- Bucket seats
- Long coil springs
- Fibreglass hood
- Roll cage (sometimes it works)
What to do with the resultsEdit
After the task is complete, a boarding card will appear on the desk in front of the inspector. An English version of the card can be viewed by clicking the British flag in the top right. If you've passed, the inspector will reluctantly hand over your well earned license plates to apply to your car.
The card tells you why you have failed (or passed). The 'X' marks mean that area hasn't passed the test and you must fix/improve. In Additional notes there is written: "This car is just a huge pile of waste"
Try not to get a big red HYLÄTTY (FAIL)
Here's a few tips on how to pass:
- Remove any aftermarket performance items and replace them with the stock ones, you will fail if you bring a car capable of 200 km/h to a government inspection office.
- Make sure your car is fairly straight on the car lift , as it may fall off as the man hoists it up. It doesn't have to be exactly in the middle though.
- If an item is showing up as failed, but you're certain it is fully attached (and not aftermarket); fully remove the item and re-apply it.
- Note: You can change the license plate text and visuals, see game modifications. Requires fairly basic knowledge of UAE and a .dds editor.
|Locations in Alivieska|
|Airfield • Car inspection • Cottage • Dirt track • Fleetari Repair Shop • Graveyard • Home • Island • Jail • Kesselinperä • Landfill site • Loppe • Peräjärvi • Police checkpoint • Pub Nappo • Radio mast • Rykipohja • Septic tanks • Teimo's Shop • Woodshed|