The dirt roads of Alivieska are narrow paths which can be driven or walked on in order to reach various places around the lake. The roads are winding and treacherous, requiring utmost care and concentration from the player regardless of the vehicle used to navigate them.
Although the roads are as dense as asphalt; the traction is much worse. This makes braking, steering, and accelerating less responsive which can be dangerous when approaching corners. Be mindful of the slight elevation difference between the terrain and the dirt roads.
As dangerous as the dirt roads are by themselves, they also offer some less predictable hazards:
- Pena - The player character's cousin, Pena, constantly drives back and forth from Rykipohja to Peräjärvi. Although he can be killed; he will respawn when the game is reloaded.
- Moose - The moose only appear at night, running across the road at random times and spots. They are completely silent and blend in with the foliage which makes the only realistic way to avoid them not driving at night.
- Train - The dirt roads have three crossings for the railroad tracks; one right next to Jokke's house, one before the first intersection from Kesselinperä, and one next to the barn where a wrecked car can be found, near Sirkka's house. The train is very loud, but the sound can be drowned out by an even louder car engine.
- Kesselinperäntie - Leads from Kesselinperä to the southern three-way intersection.
- Loppentie - Leads from Loppe to Rykipohja.
- Peräjärventie - Leads from Peräjärvi to Loppe.
there are quite a few useful/interesting places that can only be reached via the dirt roads:
- Teimo's house
- The radio mast
- The ventti house
- The dance pavilion
- Jokke's house
- The firewood guy's house
- Sirkka's house
- The dirt track
- The strawberry field
|Roads of Alivieska|
|Asphalt road (Rykipohjantie) • Dirt roads (Kesselinperäntie • Loppentie • Peräjärventie) • Railroad tracks|