- This article is about the lake. For the urban area of Peräjärvi, see Peräjärvi (urban area).
Peräjärvi (rear/back lake) is the main lake in the game. The surface of the water can be sailed on by using the boat to reach various places such as the cottage island and Loppe; these locations usually have piers along the coast for ease of access. The player character can also swim in the water, but doing so while drunk will cause him to die.
The bottom of the lake is featureless, and cannot be accessed easily; the player character cannot dive. This means that loosing items, or even vehicles in the lake will make them irretrievable by normal means, requiring the player to either use exploits to walk underwater, or use a save file editor. A common misconception is that items dropped in the lake will respawn at the landfill site; only items that have fallen through the terrain will respawn there.
Multiple places can be directly accessed by sailing on the lake, though some of them require some walking:
- The player's home is located in quaint Kesselinperä.
- Teimo's Shop, Pub Nappo, the graveyard, Lindell inspection shop, the wastewater treatment plant, Jokke's new house, and two septic tanks can be found in the picturesque Peräjärvi urban area.
- Fleetari Repair Shop and two more septic tanks are located in Loppe.
- The ventti house and dance pavilion also have their own piers on the northern coast of the lake.
- The airfield/dragstrip, landfill site, and dirt track are in Rykipohja.
|Locations in Alivieska|
|Kesselinperä||Home • Woodshed|
|Loppe||Fleetari Repair Shop • Mansion|
|Peräjärvi||Graveyard • Jokke's new house • Lindell inspection shop • Pub Nappo • Teimo's house • Teimo's Shop • Wastewater treatment plant|
|Rykipohja||Airfield • Dirt track • Jail • Landfill site • Strawberry field|
|Other||Arch bridge • Beam bridge • Cottage • Dance pavilion • Firewood guy's house • Grain processing plant • Island • Jokke's house • Police checkpoint • Radio mast • Sirkka's house • Ski hill • Ventti house|
|Terrain||Lake Peräjärvi • Northern lake • River|