The player can pick strawberries for money at the strawberry field in Rykipohja, by the dirt road just west of the landfill site. The job is somewhat monotonous and doesn't award as much money as most, if not all, other jobs in the game do, but the strawberries can be picked any day from 6 am to 8 pm, which may prove useful when all other jobs are unavailable, and you only need a little bit more money to purchase something.
Once you've reached the field, pick up a berry box from the empty box pile, and bring it with you to the strawberry bushes. Find a non-empty strawberry bush and place the berry box next to it on the ground, you'll know when a bush has strawberries in it when a prompt saying "Pick strawberry" appears on the screen when looking at one of the bushes.
Once a non-empty bush has been found, presswhile looking at it to pick a strawberry, then, while looking at the berry box, press again to place it inside. Keep doing this until the bush becomes empty, then move on to another bush. The box is full when the berry level doesn't rise anymore when placing them inside, which will take just under 4 bushes worth of strawberries.
Once the box is full, drop it on top of the full berry box pile inside the tent and pick up your 40 mk from the lock box in front of the strawberry guy. A new empty box may then be picked up from the empty box pile by pressing .
Only the first three rows, a total of 120 bushes, can be picked from. If you manage to pick every bush clean, you will be paid 1200 mk with no additional reward or dialogue from Strawberry guy. You can still take empty boxes to fill even though there are no more strawberries. Saving, quitting, and reloading is the only way to replenish the field.
- For faster gathering; place the berry box directly inside a bush, this will make it so that you can repeatedly tap to fill up the box without having to move the mouse.
- Be careful though, if you place it too low the box will disappear, reappearing at the dump. You will have to go there and get it in order to continue picking.
- Ignore the strawberry guy's insults, he is just envious of your berry picking skills.
- Your character has a berry picking skill that increases every time you pick berries, so if you're patient you can pick them considerably fast.
- At first, it takes 50 picks to clear a single bush, but you can eventually do it in less than 20 if you keep at it.
- Picking speed is directly affected by player fatigue, so have a cup of coffee with Grandma or go to sleep if you begin to slow down.
|Jobs in My Summer Car|
|Bringing food to grandma • Driving a drunk home • Driving a man to suicide • Firewood delivery • Hauling wrecked cars for Fleetari • Helping a drunk move • Kilju • Picking strawberries • Pumping septic tanks • Vandalism|