The time of the game is set in a looping august of 1995 in Finland. The time of the game is 12 times faster than real life. A whole in-game day is two hours of real life. You can also advance to the next even hour in-game by saving your game.
One tick is every five seconds.
The game has some clocks that the player can use to check the time:
- Inside your home in the kitchen there's a clock with the shape of the area of Finland mounted on the wall.
- In the cottage there is a spruce-shaped clock on the wall.
- You can install the clock gauge, located on your shelf in your garage, instead of the RPM gauge on the Satsuma. It needs to be installed in order to work.
- Gifu truck has a combined clock inside with the speedometer.
- The bus also has a clock inside, in the interior.
There are alternative ways to know what time is it from other game elements:
- The sun sets at 10:30 pm.
- The sun rises at 6:30 am.
- The dogs start barking at 6:00 pm, they can't be seen, because it's just a sound effect.(It's too late to go to the store if you're home), they stop barking at 10:00 pm.
- The owl starts hooting at 12:00 am (midnight), it ends hooting at 6:00 am.
- The birds are chirping from 6:00 am to 12:00 am.
Time-related events and things in-game:
- Teimo's Shop is open from 8 am to 8 pm every day.
- Pub Nappo is open from 8 pm to 2 am every night.
- Fleetari Repair Shop is open from 8 am to 4 pm, Monday to Friday.
- The inspection office is open from 8 am to 4 pm, Monday to Friday.
- The TV test screen is displayed from 10 pm to 10 am and other programs are played from 10 am to 10 pm.
- The drunk guy calls for a ride at a random time of 2 am.
- The rally event is on from 10 am to 6 pm every Saturday.
- Jokke is lounging outside his house buying kilju from 6 am to 10 pm.
- Radio Chill can be heard on the radio at night, while in the van, the truck, or Satsuma. While this song is very popular, it creates a nostalgic feeling.
- The home can have paranormal activity. The laundry and parents' bedroom door can be seen or heard opening (if outside), the player is not in any harm.
- When holding the middle mouse button while using the camera, the date and time of the game will be shown.
- Sometimes, time can glitch, meaning that the sun could set earlier than 10:30 pm.