The time of the game is set in a looping august of 1995 in Finland. The time of the game is 12 times faster than real life. A whole in-game day is two hours of real life. You can also advance to the next even hour in-game by saving your game.
The sun sets at 10:30 pm and one tick is every five seconds.
The game has some clocks that the player can use to check the time:
- Inside your home in the kitchen there's a clock with the shape of the area of Finland mounted on the wall.
- In the cottage there is a spruce-shaped clock on the wall.
- You can install the clock gauge, located on your shelf in your garage, instead of the RPM gauge on the Satsuma. You can also carry it with you, since it doesn't need power to operate.
- Gifu truck has a combined clock inside with the speedometer.
- The Bus has also got a clock inside,in the interior.
Time-related events and things in game:
- Teimo's Shop is open from 8 am to 8 pm every day.
- Pub Nappo is open from 8 pm to 2 am every day.
- Fleetari Repair Shop is open from 8 am to 4 pm, Monday to Friday.
- The inspection office is open from 8 am to 4 pm, Monday to Friday.
- The TV test screen is displayed from 10 pm to 10 am and other programs are played from 10 am to 10 pm.
- The drunk guy calls for a ride at a random time of 2 am.
- The rally event is on from 10 am to 6 pm every Saturday.
- Jokke is lounging outside his house buying kilju from 6 am to 10 pm.
- The Cottage door can be seen opening at 12 AM (patched)
- Radio Chill can be heard on the radio at night, while in the van, the truck, the Satsuma, (excluding the moped). While this song is very popular, it creates a nostalgic feeling.
- The home can have paranormal activity. The laundry and parents' bedroom door can be seen or heard opening (if outside), the player is not in any harm.
- When holding the middle mouse button while using the camera, the date and time of the game will be shown.
- Sometimes, time can glitch, meaning that the sun could set earlier than 10:30 pm.